Hello Alaska hams from North Pole, Alaska

Hello Alaska Hams: just joined The American Radio Club and didn’t see much Alaska activity so I thought I’d drop a line and see if anyone else is willing to post here. I live in North Pole, and as an Extra I’m always trying out various aspect of ham radio, all modes, and bands.

3 Likes

Welcome up there in KL7 land! Glad to have you as a member.

Thank you very much, from the land of the midnight sun. Our sunset will be sometime in late August now … so, I’ll enjoy the bands when they are active and hope to get other Alaska hams interested in this site! May God richly bless you all.
de Mike AD7VV

2 Likes

How much different is propagation given your solar situation. No 80 meters?

1 Like

The bands right now seem sporadic to dead. 20 meters three days ago was alive with a plethora of digital activity, and I was able to make a voice SSB contact with a ham in California on my FT991A … I’ll get the QSO info when I get home, I’m at the cancer center right now … the rest of the bands have been dead. Take into account our sun doesn’t set until late August now …: later my friend. 73 Mike AD7VV

1 Like

Field day was a bust as propagation was not good at all; all the bands were dead, not even much digital going on. We’re at the top of our sun cycle and starting now to lose daylight a few seconds every day until Mid-August when we start losing minutes per day. By September we’ll start having less and less daylight and by December we’ll have o average 2 1/2 hours of “daylight” per day.

Wow. Sorry FD was bad for you. I was hearing stations from Georgia as far as Eastern Washington but nothing beyond that. No Hawaii either.